DuelingBunnieZ Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DuelingBunnieZ Official Forum

Yu-Gi-Oh Card Game Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skill drain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spirit_Of_Sun

Spirit_Of_Sun

Skill drain Empty
PostSubject: Skill drain   Skill drain I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:34 pm

omg skill drain is so pro if you smart with it, its effect reads
Pay 1000 Life Points. The effects of all face-up Effect Monsters on the field are negated.

you can still activate the effect of the monster but if that monster needs to be face up on the field to resolve then its effect is negated,
THIS means that stardust can still negate because upon the activation of stardust's effect tributing is the COST of activating it and it will resolve in the graveyard this means that thunder king can negate summons koaki meru sandman wall and guardian work. the first effect for cyber valley works rescue rabbit works because banishing is cost .

if you think about it skill drain is very limited HOWEVER its this limitation that gives it its strength. you can build a deck around skill drain where your effects work because your monsters dont need to be face up on the field to resolve.
your opponent would maybe have 2-3 monsters that can get over skill drain while you have a full monster line up that can. it is for this reason that i give skill drain a 9/10

the ever present issue is if skill drain is not on the field you need monsters that can still function. but if you build it right skill drain decks can be extra dumb ass deadly

Last edited by Spirit_Of_Sun on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Denise
Admin
Denise

Skill drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill drain   Skill drain I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:00 pm

WOW! I never saw it like that!!! Im definitely going to look into it more!
Back to top Go down
https://duelingbunniez.forumotion.com
Spirit_Of_Sun

Spirit_Of_Sun

Skill drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill drain   Skill drain I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 pm

yep skill drain is entirely too good :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skill drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill drain   Skill drain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skill drain
Page 1 of 1